On weekends, children can easily binge watch their favourite cartoons and get hooked into video games. Get them off the couch with this quick and easy to make Summer Slush Puppy.
Chef Vukosi Mbambu of Vkings & Friends guarantees that this Slush Puppy is not only delicious but full of science experiential learning. Let each child make their own Slush Puppy for extra fun and experience. Check out the ingredients and method below.
· Juice (Any flavour, eg; Orange,Mango)
· Ice cubes
· Sliced strawberries, mint or any fruit you prefer to garnish with
· 2 Ziploc bags or plastics
· Cups and Straws
· Pour some juice into the Ziploc or a plastic bag that doesn’t have holes and can be tied in order to lock in the juice.
· Put ice cubes and a fair amount of salt into the other plastic.
· Place the zipped or tied plastic with juice into the ice and salt plastic. Make sure that you tie it too.
· Shake and roughly massage both plastics for approximately 8-10 minutes.
· Carefully untie or cut through the ice and salt plastic (At this stage it would have melted and turned to water)
· Take out the juice plastic and it will look slushy. Unzip or cut a small hole and pour into a cup.
· Garnish with sliced strawberries, mint or anything you prefer then to enjoy your slush puppy.