Fashion awareness is growing by the day, and everyone wants to look their best. There is practically no harm in looking beautiful, unless you have a tendency to become fashion-obsessed. This is something that students must fully comprehend.
When you’re a student, you have to make a lot of sacrifices. You need not sacrifice your fashion statement but also at the same time you need create a balance in such a way that your studies are not hampered.
According to Target Study , teenage is the part of life when everyone wants to look colourful and the best. No one wants to compromise with their personality at this age. Positive effects of fashion on students include:
- Following your own fashion statement offers you a sense of independence, and you become a more independent thinker as a result. Whatever you’re wearing, if you think you’re looking your best, you’ll feel more confident.
- Helps you connect with people of the same interests.
- Having a greater fashion sense can also land them into a job in the fashion industry.
- Leads to an attractive personality and bonding with like-minded peopleIt is a way of colourful living and exploring the diversity of life.
- Following their fashion at an early age tends to make them independent.
A lot of youngsters these days find that the fashion world would be better than any other job. They also think that it’s very easy to be a model or an actor and they can earn some huge money as well as fame in this profession. Negative effects of fashion on students include:
- The drive to appear attractive can take over one’s life and finances.
- When you get overly fascinated with trendy apparel, you may experience anxiety, despair, or eating disorders if you aren’t dressed appropriately.
- Spending too much money on fashion trends.
Camay Abraham, a London College of Fashion graduate with a Master’s degree in Applied Psychology in Fashion, says, “This experiment truly underlines how clothing may influence our attention, how we feel about ourselves, and our competencies.” However, fashion is something we have to deal with on a daily basis.
Also Read: Benefits of Mediation on Students